Catholic Charities provides a broad array of social services to the community. We are entrusted with the care and support of thousands of people throughout the Diocese of Madison and seek to serve their needs with professional and genuine caring. Inherent in the trust placed in us is our obligation to conduct our day-to-day business in ways consistent with the highest ethical, moral, and legal standard that reflects the social teachings of the Catholic Church.
Our services include:
- Adult Day Center - Affordable alternative to in-home health care with individualized support for medical conditions. Specific program for people with dementia and Alzheimer's and a certified MUSIC & MEMORYSM facility.
- All Saints Neighborhood - Aging-in-place living options for people age 55+. Apartments, condos, and cottages for active seniors; assisted living and memory care facilities for those who need more support or a nurse on-call 24/7.
- CompanionCare and CompanionCare-Alzheimer's - Trained Companions for persons who need help to live independently. Specialized dementia care available.
- Respite Care Team Ministry - Congregation-based teams offer respite, in-home support, and an array of non-medical service to aging persons and their caregivers.
- Behavioral Health in Schools - School-based therapy for students with significant mental health needs.
- Birth to 3 - Early intervention program for infants and toddlers with developmental disabilities.
- Building Bridges - School-based mental health program serving students in grades 4K-8 with immediate mental health needs, and their families.
- Choices - Middle school alcohol and drug abstinence counseling.
- FACE-Kids - Group mental health counseling for children in grades K-12.
- Parish School Counseling - Counseling at Catholic grade schools.
- Post Adoption Resource Center - Information, referral, and support services for adoptive families in the adoption triad (i.e. birth parents, adult adoptees, adoptive families).
DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITY SERVICES
- Community Connections - Community-based day support in Rock County providing community integration and meaningful activities.
- Community Living - Community-based residential support in Marquette County.
- Green and Rock County Recreation - Meaningful recreation and community involvement for people who live in Green and Rock Counties and are socially isolated.
- Supportive Living - Community-based residential support in Dane County.
- Youth Living Alternatives - Alternative foster care for children age 10-17 with severe or challenging disabilities.
INDIVIDUAL and FAMILY SERVICES
- Alcohol and Drug Treatment - Effective and affordable residential alcohol and drug treatment services for adult men and women are provided through our program at Hope Haven.
- Health Literacy Program - Catholic Charities, in partnership with the Wisconsin Women's Health Foundation and their GrapeVine Project, conducts free health training sessions on various topics in nine rural counties.
- Parish Mobile Food Pantry - Volunteers from rural parishes unload and distribute food to people in their community.
- Services for the Homeless - The Beacon Day Resource Center will open October 2017 in Madison to help homeless men, women and children. Currently we are partnering with the Bethel Lutheran Church to run Bethel Homeless Services Day Center.
- Trauma Informed Psychotherapy - Trained counselor leads healing process for children and adults dealing with traumatic events.